Where are all backups when you need them, well I will try to get all data back and have the server up and running again as soon as possible, but it will have to wait until I'm back from my two weeks of vacation in USA. Unfortunately this means that the version to be released this week will also be delayed until then...
I´ll let you all know as soon as everything is back to normal, until then enjoy the summer, cause I certainly will!
Besides from more rules for new code types, it will be possible to combine code types with visibility and keyword. Different name rules for public fields and private fields, for example, are therefore supported. The keywords, e.g. static, abstract, virtual and sealed makes it possible to add different name rules for static classes and instance classes, or different visibility rules for that matter. This will of course take some more time to implement, but the work has already begun. My guess is that it will be released sometime in week 33, since I’m now on vacation and will be going to New York for two weeks.
I hope you’ll like this extra granularity when it comes to rules, since a lot of you have requested it.
• Possible to specify a custom folder for global rules, in the Configurator application.
• Activation dialog in Visual Studio extended with support for specifying global and local rules.
• Selecting global rules automatically links the global rules in solution, without adding any physical files.
• Activation status, i.e. active or inactive, is stored in solution.
• Possible to specify a required suffix for each name rule.
Any previous versions of Code Style Enforcer has to be uninstalled before running setup.
Creating/opening a solution in Visual Studio brings up a dialog where it's possible to select whether to link in the global rules or to add them as local rules in the solution. At the same time it’s possible to select whether to activate Code Style Enforcer for the solution or not. The choices made here are now remembered the next time the solution is opened, I know, pretty revolutionary :).
If selecting "No" on the question to activate Code Style Enforcer, and you later change your mind, it’s still possible to activate CSE through the Context Menu on the Solution. This will bring up the same CSE dialog again making it possible to select global or local rules.
I hope a lot of you will be satisfied with this solution, since it now supports the best from both worlds, i.e. global or local rules for a solution. I have some minor testing to do before releasing this new version, but I will put it up here within a few days!
• Visibility rules settings not saved when changing them in tree view.
• CSE configurator application lost global rule settings for pages not visited.